Hi foodpickle I made a salmon cured in salt sugar and dill today, its been curing for 48 hours but its now massively too salty, any advice?

asked by @mattpthompson over 7 years ago

What about chopping it up and mixing it with creme fraiche, lemon zest, more fresh dill (and NO salt) to pile on a bagel -- that sort of thing? Or maybe simmering it in cream and a little white wine to toss with pasta? Good luck!

Did you just scrape the sugar/salt mixture off the fish?

That's all most gravlax recipes instruct you to do before slicing - but in this case, I don't think it would hurt to rinse it too - if you've given it enough time to fully 'cure', the flavors should permeate the fish's flesh anyway. I'd try that - then pat dry well - before slicing.

innoabrd

I do a similar cure, also for 48 hours, and always give the fish a quick rinse afterwards. Then I store for a bit in the fridge, uncovered, for a day or two to dry out a bit.