A question about a recipe: Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze

I have a question about the recipe "Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze" from Merrill Stubbs. Would it work to make this cake in a 9x13 pan? If so, how would the bake time be affected?

Bc737f4b 3da7 44cf 8aa2 9890e4808afe  122010f 1001
Recipe question for: Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze

Emmie
Emmie October 31, 2017

According to this site (http://startcooking.com/pan-size-and-volume), a standard 2-inch tall 9x13 pan holds ten cups. This recipe calls for a 12-cup bundt pan, so if you made it in a 9x13 you'd have some extra batter left for a mini loaf or a few cupcakes. If you do go this route, don't fill the 9x13 all the way so it still has room to rise, and start checking for doneness after about 30 minutes in the oven.

Merrill Stubbs October 31, 2017

Yes, it will work! I would start checking the cake 5-10 minutes early.

Megan Reishus
Megan Reishus October 31, 2017

Thank you! Should I reduce the ingredients or not use all of the batter as suggested by the answer above? I love this cake, just thought it might be easier in sheet cake form. :)

mstv
mstv October 31, 2017

It does work well in loaf pan form (more than 1 per recipe, of course) - in case that would work for you. It makes it pretty easy to glaze.