Recipe Ingredient Unexplained

I have a recipe from an older cookbook called "100 Best Holiday Cookies - 2007" and the recipe I want to make is called "Melt-in-Your-Mouth Christmas Marbles"
In the recipe it says 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, BUT it does NOT SAY what, to do with the 2 tablespoons of flour.... O_O Help.

asked by LauraS 8 months ago

caninechef

I agree with cv, its just a way of calling for X number of tablespoons of flour that probably is a closer representation of how cooks work rather than measuring out 7/8 cups of flour. Since no one has seen your recipe I don't see how anyone could speculate on if the 2 tablespoons are needed as a mechanical aid. Since you are familiar with the concept I say use your judgment if you think something needs to be floured to prevent sticking.