Can potato flakes be whizzed up to substitute for potato flour?

I have a focaccia recipe that calls for some potato flour. I have potato flakes. I have oat flour, semolina, whole wheat pastry flour, buckwheat flour & a/p. Is my best bet processing the flakes into 'flour' or using something else. According to the recipe the purpose is to soften the crumb.

asked by Queen of Spoons over 7 years ago

You will have to cut back on the amount called for, by about 1/3 or more less flakes than potato flour..and pay attention to the moisture when you mix. But yes.

Leave it out. There's plenty going on already. And honestly, I've never seen a foccaccia recipe that's called for potato flour, at least not an Italian one.