My spatchcocked turkey is too big for my 18x13" pan

What is my best option? To break it down into pieces and roast? At what temp? If not, is there a way to jury-rig a bigger pan? Thanks!

asked by Judy,Goldberg 12 months ago

I've used foil folded so it's 6-8 layers thick to extend the pan under the same circumstance. The foil needs to be beneath the turkey in the pan, then extend past the part(s) of the turkey that hang over the pan and folded/crimped up to divert juices back into the pan.

MMH
MMH

Look at altonbrown.com. He roasts his spatchcocked bird right on the oven dish with a pan of stuffing below.

MMH
MMH

Oven rack - sorry