🔕 🔔

My spatchcocked turkey is too big for my 18x13" pan

What is my best option? To break it down into pieces and roast? At what temp? If not, is there a way to jury-rig a bigger pan? Thanks!

asked by Judy,Goldberg 3 months ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I've used foil folded so it's 6-8 layers thick to extend the pan under the same circumstance. The foil needs to be beneath the turkey in the pan, then extend past the part(s) of the turkey that hang over the pan and folded/crimped up to divert juices back into the pan.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

Look at altonbrown.com. He roasts his spatchcocked bird right on the oven dish with a pan of stuffing below.

MMH

Oven rack - sorry