I'm making basic popovers in a muffin pan rather than a popover pan. Should I expect a slightly shorter cook time than the recipe calls for?

Recipe says 50 minutes in a 375-degree oven, then cutting a few slits in the tops and returning to oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.

asked by Splash of Something over 7 years ago

Yes, I would plan for a few minutes less -- check them at 40 minutes to be safe. Because muffin pans are shallower, there will be less batter in them and that's why the popovers will cook faster.

ThreePtsKitchen

I've done the King Arthur recipe in a muffin pan a few times now with great results. 20 minutes @ 450 and then 15 or so @ 350
http://www.kingarthurflour...

When my daughter was small, I made them in mini-muffin pans--1 egg, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup flour. 15 minutes. I could do it on a school day.