🔕 🔔

Bone-in Skin-on whole Turkey breast 5 1/4 lb that is selft-basting 3%. How much salt to add when I season it for the oven?

I have a Shadybrook farms whole breast I want to cook. It says it is self-basting with 3% solution of salt, broth, sugar. I didn't realize it but would still like to cook it! How much salt would I add when I season it to put it in the oven?

asked by Salvegging 2 months ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

My recommendation would be to add about 1 teaspoon or so of salt. Season the breast as you normally would. You can always add a sprinkle of salt when you serve if need be.