Runny frosting!

I used a frosting recipe that’s just half and half, sugar, and cream cheese. I’ve been whipping for a half hour but it still isn’t stiff enough!

asked by liliadronyayeva about 1 year ago

Megan Hornbeak

Does the recipe say it should be stiff after beating? Do you have time to put it in the fridge for a while to see if it stiffens up? You may need to add some confectioners sugar

Can you let us know the amounts? The half and half may be adding too much moisture, in which case, I'd add more cream cheese.

liliadronyayeva

8 oz cream cheese, 5 oz half and half and 2/3 cup of sugar. The recipe says it will be very stiff and not melt. I am refrigerating until tomorrow but want to see if there is anything I can do today. I do not have confectioners sugar as omitting it was the purpose of that particular recipe. I will add more cream cheese I have plenty. Thanks!

liliadronyayeva

Update: it worked! Thank you so much!

Oh, good! Happy Thanksgiving!