🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Tuscan Onion Confit

7b1e78ba 0da0 47a4 9fe2 f987e8e8faf7  2014 1031 leslie ann freeman white crackle slab plates mid 007

I have a question about the recipe "Tuscan Onion Confit" from Merrill Stubbs. Tuscan Onion Confit: This looks delicious and I will be making. How many people will it serve? Because it is chunky I am not sure how many servings 3 cups will make.

asked by Joan about 1 month ago

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white
added about 1 month ago

It's a condiment, not really a side dish.

While I've never made this recipe, I don't think I'd care to eat half a cup of this at one sitting. But that's just me. I would think it would serve as a condiment for 8-12 maybe more.

To me, rich condiments like this are best enjoyed in small quantities, like the cranberry sauce mentioned in the headnote.

The portion size will be largely dictated by the people at your dinner table.

Note that if there are leftovers, this preparation stores well (I'm sure it could survive a couple of months in the freezer).

Best of luck.