I madeba cranberry sauce for a trifle. 2 bags of cranberries 1 1/2 c water and 1 cup sugar. Can I reheat the sauce to add more sugar?

The sauce is for a trifle.

asked by Donna 11 months ago

No problems in technique...put in saucepan, add sugar, heat, stirring, until it dissolves, remove from heat, chill.
On the other hand, there will be more sugar in the whole dish from cake, sweetened cream(s), other fruits, maybe sweetened liqueur.
Think of the whole dish, then decide. Hope it turns out well...

Miss Karen

Make this. It freezes well, can be re heated and used in cakes or thumbprint cookies or muffins....
CRANBERRY RELISH
Makes 3 cups
2 ½ CUPS (12 oz bag) FRESH CRANBERRIES
2 SEEDLESS ORANGES (Navel or Valencia) cut into eighths
1 ½ CUPS SUGAR
½ CUP CHOPPED WALNUTS (optional)
1/8 tsp. GROUND CLOVES
1/8 tsp. GROUND ALLSPICE
Zest the oranges into the bowl of a food processor. Discard the peel/ pith (white part.) In a food processor grind the cranberries and the oranges and zest, until they are coarsely chopped. Transfer the ingredients to a saucepan. Add the sugar and the spices. Simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Pour this mixture into a non-reactive bowl (glass is good) fold in the nuts and chill about 4 hours. This makes a lot but freezes well. If the oranges are sweet -adjust the sugar to taste.
*You’ll never want store bought cranberry sauce again…