How do I make Ocean Sauce, from Adolfo's in New Orleans

E4613b48 565d 43fa a0c1 4bd8dd955e5e  img 3707

Just returned from a NOLA trip and had an amazing experience at Adolfo's. The Ocean Sauce can be put on everything, here it's on veal. I looked online for a recipe but doesn't look like it has ever been published anywhere.

My best guess, it's a rue, thickened with cream and has shrimp, crawfish, and crab meat. Would like to replicate this at home in San Francisco, but I'm sure I'm gonna miss a key ingredient or spice.

This is a clear case of wanting to bite into nostalgia, hoping to replicate the taste of Ocean Sauce so well I can hear the jazz music emanating from the Apple Barrel below...

asked by Chris D. 10 months ago

former Community Editor

Hi Chris, have you tried contacting Adolfo's to ask about it? I've had pretty good luck requesting recipes from restaurants, fingers crossed you do, too!