🔕 🔔

I need easy grab n' go type breakfast ideas that can be room temp for clients in an office setting. (preferably something I can make, not packaged)

I've done muffins, scones, croissants, mini quiches, bagels, fruit, yogurt, granola, would like other options.

asked by Brian Buxton 9 days ago

Not sure where or what kind of pressure for variety you need to meet.
BTW, for safety, generally limit room temp foods to 2 hours, or consider have a cooler box or mini fridge, if this is to be a permanent feature.
If you (and/or clients) want more flavor, you could easily rotate recipes within the ones you make already, and/or rotate the type by week.
If by nutrition and/or protein, you could make muffins, scones, quiches loaded with more nuts, cheese, whole oats, even add meat to make breakfast sandwiches.
Have a look at morning glory muffins
https://food52.com/recipes...
various cranberry bars
https://food52.com/recipes...
cheese scones
https://food52.com/recipes...
breakfast sandwiches
https://food52.com/recipes...

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

Fruit on skewers, my Harvest Muffins have apples, carrots, zucchini and nuts, I like to make them in mini muffin pans, make little bags of mixed nuts and dried fruit and place them in a basket.

C4950803 7ae7 4d2a 9c91 ff8b856fe028  dscf0339

I had a goat cheese and sundried tomato biscuit that was fantastic. Maybe pair it wit some fruit. Oatmeal energy balls, homemade granola bars

I think frittatas are great at room temperature. You can cut them into different shapes for single servings, or put on small toasts.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

Gosh - I think picking up bagels is easy & supplement with other easy things like fruit. I'm not a morning person. Make it low stress. Good coffee is a great idea.

Although these are called "snack balls" I eat them for breakfast, in exactly the context you are describing: https://food52.com/recipes...

I make 14 to a batch, and then take 1 each day to eat for breakfast at the office, with a cup of tea, after working out at the gym. One = the perfect breakfast! Not to mention that the entire effort required is minimal, plus they last perfectly for 2 weeks or longer. (I usually eat one for breakfast on days I don't go to the gym or the office.)

Here's a tip, however. Play with the dried fruit to achieve the flavor you like. I find the recipe as drafted a bit drab, as the dates tend to overwhelm the other ingredients. Toast the nuts. You could probably use sunflower seeds, to make these nut free - and reduce increase your margin -- but you absolutely would want to toast them first, and buzz a handful to paste at the outset as you would not be using the almond butter. called for in the recipe.

Also, using unsulfured apricots will brighten these up considerably; for the same reason, I substitute 1/3 - 1/2 of the dates by weight with dried cherries, to cut the sweetness. Dried cranberries would work, too, while being more cost-effective than cherries. Finally, I drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla over the chopped ingredients and process for a few seconds more, for another flavor boost. During the holidays, I added a big pinch of pumpkin pie spice, too, just for fun. You can play with the fruits, nuts/seeds and flavors.

I love a good sit-down breakfast, but most days I love (depend on) my pre-office workout to boost my energy and prep me for what awaits me in the in the office, so these balls work perfectly.

You could also serve hard cooked eggs. If you peel them, sit the bowl in a larger bowl of ice. (I'm not sure how long they have to sit out, so check on food safety before rolling out peeled or unpeeled eggs.)

;o)

60dde45d 3ccc 404f bad5 c7ae5ad3d3db  wi3

to echo one of the answers below, a vegetable packed frittata would be great. It does taste good at room temperature. Also an overnight egg/vegetable strata would be good. It puffs up beautifully, so if you bake it in the morning before arriving at the office, it will be warm when you get there.