If I make financiers double the size of the recipe should I adjust the time and temp?

I'm making blackberry financiers for breakfast tomorrow and the recipe calls for mini muffin tin but all I have is an extra large muffin tin. Making 6 large rather than 12 small. How should I adjust the time and temp? Bon appetite recipe calls for 375 for 15

• Posted by: Hagerty
  • October 1, 2012

ATG117
ATG117 October 1, 2012

I would leave the temp alone, but you will have to increase the cooking time to account for the change in volume. I'm not exactly sure how much longer you should leave them in, but I would start checking them at 20 minutes, when you can get a gauge for how much more time they need (either by jiggling the pan or once they're more done, by inserting a toothpick). Then check back frequently enough. I think financiers should pull away from the pan when they are done, but the toothpick test always works too.

Hagerty
Hagerty October 1, 2012

Thanks, they ended up taking a little over 30 min