🔕 🔔

trying to find a cake recipe

I saw an article about a cake, and didn't bookmark it. I thought for sure it was a New York times article, but scouring the archives hasn't gotten me any closer to finding this specific cake. It's a simpler French cake which uses about a cup of good cherry preserves. I am desperate to make this cake.

asked by Oscar Cadeau 8 days ago

Maybe search by characteristics of the recipe?
Also, have a look at Basque cherry gateau/cake. The region straddles the French/Spanish bordervans may be what you remember...

"and may be what you remember"

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Yah, I think Dorie Greenspan has a recipe for a Basque cake in her Baking book (which I don't have here with me at work). Not sure this helps any....

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I agree, it sounds like Dorie Greenspan’s take on gateau Basque. Have you maybe listened to NPR?

https://www.npr.org/2009...

Bb3b2c51 1a56 41fd bc12 6bb66dff6e37  fb avatar

Thanks so much for all the help! It was indeed Gateau Basque. I was thrown off because the one I was thinking of was crowned by cherry jam, instead of it being inside. Here was the article I was looking at, if anybody is interested.

https://www.tastecooking...

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Thanks for reminding me of this cake! I've made Gateau Basque from a different source, and it's nice to see different versions of it to try out
.