trying to find a cake recipe

I saw an article about a cake, and didn't bookmark it. I thought for sure it was a New York times article, but scouring the archives hasn't gotten me any closer to finding this specific cake. It's a simpler French cake which uses about a cup of good cherry preserves. I am desperate to make this cake.

asked by Oscar Cadeau 10 months ago

Maybe search by characteristics of the recipe?
Also, have a look at Basque cherry gateau/cake. The region straddles the French/Spanish bordervans may be what you remember...

"and may be what you remember"

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Yah, I think Dorie Greenspan has a recipe for a Basque cake in her Baking book (which I don't have here with me at work). Not sure this helps any....

I agree, it sounds like Dorie Greenspan’s take on gateau Basque. Have you maybe listened to NPR?

https://www.npr.org/2009...

Oscar Cadeau

Thanks so much for all the help! It was indeed Gateau Basque. I was thrown off because the one I was thinking of was crowned by cherry jam, instead of it being inside. Here was the article I was looking at, if anybody is interested.

https://www.tastecooking.com/bakers-baked-good/

Thanks for reminding me of this cake! I've made Gateau Basque from a different source, and it's nice to see different versions of it to try out
.