🔕 🔔

Will Apple and Brie salad go with veggie lasagna?

asked by Susan Neilson 5 days ago

For winter bright salads and some vitamin c:
Maybe a cole slaw spiked with apples, carrots, onions, parsnips.
Or some wedges of roasted sweet potato with pomegranate seeds, juice or syrup in the dressing.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Assuming romaine is now ok (and I've seen it in the markets), I would opt for a classic Romaine salad with sharp tart/salty flavors, perhaps with cucumbers, mashed anchovies, lemon/olive oil dressing. Something Caesar salad-like, rather than sweet/fruity. But it's your call.

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

Here’s my two cents....
Crunchy, crispy iceberg lettuce, red onion, black olives, sliced pepperocini, Italian dressing. Many will balk at iceberg lettuce however I love the fact that it is high in water content, few calories, it doesn’t sit heavy and is refreshing. Perfect with lasagna IMO.

60dde45d 3ccc 404f bad5 c7ae5ad3d3db  wi3

I would say "yes." The apple will cut through the fat/cheese of the lasagna. But I would go easy on the Brie.