🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Momofuku's Pork Buns

562cf397 670e 41d6 a50b a224c295ec39  porkbuns

I have a question about the recipe "Momofuku's Pork Buns" from Merrill Stubbs. Help! The dough did not rise AT ALL, first or second time. Now I'm rolling them out and they are as thin as dumpling wrappers. The only thing I did different was to make 1.5x the recipe. I know the yeast works fine because I made brioche at the same time and it rose like a dream. Should I even steam these or just toss the dough?

asked by soleilnyc about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

You don't have anything to lose--I'd try steaming them. My experience with these buns is that they don't rise a lot, even after steaming.