🔕 🔔

baking doughnuts

I have my grandmother's recipe for cake doughnuts. I would like to bake them (I have the special doughnut pan) instead of frying, like she did. Do I need to make any changes to the recipe?

asked by Thea over 3 years ago

I don't have a clear answer for you, but I would compare your recipe to existing baked cake donuts and see what, if any differences there are. In my head, a fried donut dough would need more body to hold its shape while a baked donut is more like a cake batter. You could just look around and wing it as an experiment.

Maybe check this out as a point of comparison: http://joythebaker.com...