A question about a recipe: Burmese Tofu (a.k.a. Chickpea Flour Tofu)

Eccdc6c3 beaf 4401 b692 1f55074608a8  2017 0214 chickpea flour soy free tofu mark weinberg 098

I have a question about the recipe "Burmese Tofu (a.k.a. Chickpea Flour Tofu)" from Sarah Jampel. Can you freeze besan (chickpea flour) tofu? I'd like to make big batches and save some for later use.

asked by Stephanie B. 6 months ago

Community Editor at Food52

I haven't tried it, but at least one of the commenters had success freezing it, saying, "I make burmese tofu a lot and I love it. This is a new version and I immediately put my besan to soak! Just for everyone's use, chickpea tofu does freeze well. The texture changes a bit but not so much that it renders it useless, and its definitely ok for cooked recipes."