🔕 🔔

What to make with fresh butter?

A friend has been making fresh butter and it is very exciting and I've been putting it on everything willy nilly, but I'm itching for something that I can cook using it as an ingredient, that will be exceptionally better with fresh butter as opposed to store bought?

asked by S 3 months ago

It's all good.
Maybe condiments or sauces where butter is prominent.
Herbed or garlic butter.
Croutons with homemade butter.
Hollandaise sauce.

C Sangueza

Shortbread

Oh Yes!

sameer

secretkitchendiary.com

Butter forward baking recipes include pound cakes, shortbreads and lightly flavored cookies of various sizes, puff pastry; actually a lot of pastries, from pie crusts to Danish. You might try some brown butter recipes, which are trendy- there are a million available on this site. There was a recent discussion here of butter tarts (a Canadian favorite, they tell me, but apparently butter isn't actually that central an ingredient).

cookies of various types, that is

Summer of Eggplant

Lately I've been practicing making French omelettes, I would recommend making that with your amazing butter. Escargot, rown butter sauces for pasta.

Or on good crackers. You want to be able to taste the butter in all its glory.
Although if I had plenty of fresh butter on hand, I might consider using it in my anchovy cheese (a first cousin to Liptauer, minus the paprika and caraway seeds); https://food52.com/recipes... ;o)

Summer of Eggplant

How funny, I was going to say I love it on Triscuits but then thought maybe I should keep that guilty pleasure to myself.

Triscuits, yes. Seriously, yes. But wait, let's not forget saltines! Oh, soft fresh butter on a saltine. Heaven. Proof that simple pleasures are often the best. ;o)