🔕 🔔

When freezing brisket, do I separate the liquid?

Making brisket for Passover now. After the meat cools and I slice it, should I store the liquid separately or just freeze it in the braising liquid? Thank you!

asked by Jst123 about 1 month ago

03adba2c bd03 4ea9 8c92 ae2ce4d10790  fb avatar
added about 1 month ago

My grandmother always stored the liquid separately, and then added it back to the (pre-sliced, like you did!) meat when reheating the dish. Happy Pesach!

added about 1 month ago

May I respectfully suggest that if you are freezing it, the sliced brisket will do better in the braising liquid. That will reduce the risk of freezer burn, unless it is completely vacuum sealed. ;o)

13e03ad2 dea9 4f23 9c54 536873679e96  white chocolate ginger cookies
added about 1 month ago

I always freeze the sliced brisket together with the sauce, just like my Mother did. Then when reheated the brisket becomes even more tender.