When freezing brisket, do I separate the liquid?

Making brisket for Passover now. After the meat cools and I slice it, should I store the liquid separately or just freeze it in the braising liquid? Thank you!

asked by Jst123 6 months ago

Kate Lane Shaw

My grandmother always stored the liquid separately, and then added it back to the (pre-sliced, like you did!) meat when reheating the dish. Happy Pesach!

May I respectfully suggest that if you are freezing it, the sliced brisket will do better in the braising liquid. That will reduce the risk of freezer burn, unless it is completely vacuum sealed. ;o)

ELCookie

I always freeze the sliced brisket together with the sauce, just like my Mother did. Then when reheated the brisket becomes even more tender.