🔕 🔔

How long do you boil small raw chicken squares.

Boiling chicken in water so that I can add rice to water once chicken is done.

asked by Cynthia Lien about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

Hi, I think we're sort of stumped by "chicken squares". What part of the chicken are you using? If it is boneless chicken, then I would advise simmering (not boiling) for about 20-25 minutes. If you are using bone-in chicken pieces, then add another 10 minutes to the cooking time. Skin-on if possible, so that you can get some flavor into the broth for the rice. What I do with bone-in chicken is cook until the meat is done, remove the meat from the bone, and put the bones back into the broth and simmer for another 15-20 minutes to extract any flavor left in the bones. This way you don't overcook the meat. This is all based on cut chicken parts. You might need less time with the breast portions. Hope this helps.