Bread dough in freezer

Make batch of white bread, baked half as rolls for this week, put other half in freezer after first rise. Haven't done this in a while & have forgotten how long to store raw dough for best results when I eventually thaw & bake. Advice? Range of durations? Different for white or multi grains?

asked 2 months ago

IMHO there is no difference between white dough and multi-grain dough for storage length. How long you can keep it depends at least partly on how securely you've wrapped it.

I've kept dough frozen for several months. I often make my Thanksgiving roll dough in September...
Best results thawing is a day or two in the fridge, still well wrapped. Then form your loaves or rolls and let rise again.

Chef June - thanks for the help. Will be sure the frozen dough is well wrapped.

Alyssa

I thaw my sourdough dough rolls on the counter for about 4 hours, and then transfer to the fridge until I'm ready to use them. Once thawed, I've found that they taste best and have the best texture when baked within a day.

Alyssa -
Thanks for your after-freeze advice about how to handle and bake the raw dough.
Is your length of storage time in the freezer a few months, as Chef June does, or markedly different?