Made bread pudding too thick & too firm, can I do something to save it??

Too firm & I wanted more custard, I used too much bread, what can I do to make it eatable???

asked by Linda Fuller Widmer 3 months ago

Regine

Break it into small pieces and mix it with more milk or evaporated milk and a bit more sugar, melted butter, cinammon...and bake it again.

Anna Francese Gass
Anna Francese Gass

Anna is a Test Kitchen Assistant and Recipe Tester for Food52

Add some warm milk. 1/4 cup at a time, mixing until you reach the consistency you want.

cookbookchick

Serve it with cream to pour on top.

namma

Mix together milk with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, whatever else you put in the bread pudding. Then poke holes in the pudding and pour the milk mixture over it. Let it soak until soft or bake for a few minutes to speed up the process.

I would simply warm it up and splop a generous scoop of ice cream on top of each serving.

Karen Bonfatti

slice it, cook it like french toast (in butter), and serve it with syrup or creme anglaise.

Linda Fuller Widmer

Thank you all, I tried it