A question about a recipe: Chocolatey Tahini Cups

A23db677 f950 45b2 b8f9 92891b14cbdf  2018 0717 tahini chocolate cups 3x2 rocky luten 022

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolatey Tahini Cups" from Emma Laperruque. I almost always have a hard time melting chocolate to use for dipping or pouring. It typically gets way too thick to use as a recipe states. I usually use a microwave and watch so it doesn't burn. It happened again for this recipe. Any suggestions?

asked by Marcia Buratti 2 months ago

I suggest you stop using your microwave and switch to a different method.

My first choice would be a double boiler.

Anyhow, best of luck.

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hi Marcia! I usually use a microwave, too. What sometimes happens to me is the chocolate cools as I'm assembling. So, it'll be a good consistency for the first few candies, then too thick toward the end. What you can do in this case is rewarm (I do 10-second bursts) and re-stir (which helps evenly distribute the heat). Hope this helps!