What Can I Do With Leftover Red Wine?

Lent season started I gave up wine and meat for 50 days

asked by pauljoseph over 7 years ago

Maybe you could make vinegar.

cookbookchick

Save it in the fridge or the freezer to add to a ragu or a stew after Easter!

Panfusine

1. use it for vegetables like tomatoes that call for alcohol to release characteristic flavors which may not be water soluble.
2. Make Mulled wine!

Panfusine

after Easter of course!

Excuse me for overstating the obvious, but why not pour a glass?

Terribly sorry, pauljoseph, I skipped right over the fine print of your question. Maybe give it to a nice neighbor.

prettyPeas

If I weren't eating meat for a while either, I'd reduce it and then freeze it for sauces once meat comes back into rotation.

Helen's All Night Diner

It might be a true test of character, but you could just make a recipe with the wine and meat that would also freeze well. A stew or ragu... It would be a very nice reward after Easter.

brandon

use it to deglaze the pan for a minute sauce next time you pan roast meat or veggies. add it to a stew. reduce by a third and use it for a vinaigrette, marinate protein in it. make sangria, poach some pears and serve warm with bleu cheese, make a gelatin with strawberries.

SwoonMySpoon

Make ice cubes out it and then use the ice cubes (post-Lent) in sauces, soups, deglazing, and so on.