I stupidly put the plastic lid on my casserole dish to try and make it cook faster. I left it in the oven 10-15 min before I realized I shouldn’t do

The plastic only melted a little on side of dish and not on food is it safe to eat?

asked by Sydney Palmer Replogle 11 days ago

Sydney Palmer Replogle

The plastic only melted a little on side of dish and not on food is it safe to eat

tia
tia

Probably no longer relevant, but I would eat it. Plastic isn't going to kill you if you eat a little bit of it, unless you choke or something.

You might go with aluminium foil next time, or one of those silicon topper things.