A question about a recipe: L’Artusi’s Famous Mushroom Ragu With Fresh Garganelli

C9cb9820 c051 478b bc74 4306d9160329  2018 1019 garganelli with mushroom ragu 3x2 ty mecham 001

I have a question about the recipe "L’Artusi’s Famous Mushroom Ragu With Fresh Garganelli " from Erin Alexander. If you're using dried pasta, how much should you use for the amount of sauce --- standard 1 lb box?

asked by Rhianna Morris 23 days ago

Erin Alexander

A standard 1 pound box should do the trick! If you think that's not enough, you could start by making 1 1/2 pounds pasta, then slowly incorporate into the sauce until you get the pasta-sauce ratio you like. You can save the clean, leftover cooked pasta in a ziploc bag for another day.

I'd look carefully at the box if you haven't for a while- a lot of the "1 lb." boxes are now 12 oz.

A typical serving size is 2 ounces of dry pasta.

Okay, I looked at the recipe, which looks delicious by the way, and it indicates that it serves 4 to 6 people. Erring on the high side of 6, at 2 ounces of pasta per serving, that's 12 ounces, or 3/4 of a 1 pound package.