A question about a recipe: Apple Custard Cake

9e1a649f cc30 47ed 89bb 901a844ba76a  fullsizeoutput 2070

I have a question about the recipe "Apple Custard Cake" from Leith Devine. What size springform pan? What kind of apples?

asked by sharona13 about 1 month ago

stefanie
added about 1 month ago

She cites an ATK recipe - the one I found online (for a French apple cake which has that custardy texture) uses 1.5 lb granny smith apples (which works out to ~6 medium apples or 4 large ones) and a 9-in springform.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

added about 1 month ago

I used a 9" springform pan and Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples. I like to use 2 different kinds of apples in the recipe, but honestly, I've used whatever apples I have in the refrigerator and it comes out fine.