A question about a recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon & Balsamic-Cranberry Glaze

6a7a4b88 6946 44a0 b075 5116bf7bc558  2018 1102 roasted brussels spouts with bacon and balsamic cranberry glaze 3x2 julia gartland 208

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon & Balsamic-Cranberry Glaze " from EmilyC. Aee results just as good with precooked bacon?

asked by JeanTred 22 days ago

Maggie Slover

Hello Jean! Since the sprouts and bacon brown simultaneously, there's more of a chance for the veggies to become infused with all that bacon-y goodness if it's uncooked—if you opt to go with precooked bacon, I'd recommend adding a little more oil to the sprouts during the cook time and then tossing in the bacon while everything's still warm, otherwise it'll likely become overly crisped. Hope that helps and have a lovely Thanksgiving!

EmilyC

I totally agree with Maggie! (Thanks Maggie!) Hope you enjoy these, Jean!

If you save bacon grease, use it with the Brussels sprouts.