A question about a recipe: Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie, gluten free, dairy free

F91905d8 6886 47b8 ad43 bce496e89bb3  black bottom oatmeal pie gluten free dairy free nut free pie

I have a question about the recipe "Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie, gluten free, dairy free" from Jessica. Can this be made with an egg substitute, like aquafaba or a flax egg?

asked by Karin 29 days ago

Josh Cohen
Josh Cohen

Food52 Test Kitchen Chef

Hi, I see that this recipe calls for 5 eggs in the filling. You could try using ground flaxseeds mixed with water to replace the eggs in this recipe. I'm sure the vegan pie won't be identical to the original but it might still be delicious and successful. For every 1 egg in the recipe, use 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water.