cooking at 350, brined turkey starting to smoke oven up a little bit. Thinking of lightly covering with tinfoil to stop some of the spattering??

I have about 2 hours left per cooking instructions, I don't want to loose crispy skin but I don't want CO2 monitor to turn oven off becuase of smoke Thank you so much for your help!! Happy Thanksgiving

asked by Jason 18 days ago

Azora Zoe Paknad
Azora Zoe Paknad

Zoe is an Account Executive at Food52.

Hi Jason! Happy Thanksgiving! This is more a nuisance for you than any sign of trouble for the turkey. If you think the oven is going to shut off, by all means, tent the turkey. If you feel like risking it for a little longer to get that crispy skin before tenting with foil, that would work too-- just would mean more oven cleaning later ;)