🔕 🔔

Blenders

Is a Vitamix worth it?

Context -- have a middling cuisinart that is on last legs. Suboptimal past experience with one of those chrome warings.

Would be grateful for your thoughts.

asked by wtbryce almost 7 years ago

Worth it if you have $400 burning a hole in your pocket.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Many chefs have told me they couldn't live without their Vitamix.

I say its totally worth it. I went from a Cuisinart to a Vita-Mix and I have never looked back. I also notice on many cooking shows that professional chef's use them too. Was just watching Rick Bayless on "one Plate at a Time" and he's got a Vita-Mix for all his wonderful sauces!

I just found this online...are they getting paid to say it??? WHO KNOWS!
http://www.starchefs.com...

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I love my Vita-Mix and use it all the time. One thing to consider when making the purchase is that a Vita-Mix lasts a long, long time. One of the restaurants I frequent (vegan and raw) has used theirs daily and often for 15 years. You can also purchase a container for 'dry' ingredients. I use this to ground my own flour - from chickpeas to flax seeds to buckwheat groats.

Fd116375 451e 4017 948e fac0f670ad4b  100 0933

Yes. I use mine daily. It is simple to use and easy to clean. I burned out 2 KitchenAid blenders making smoothies. The Viatmix can easily take the ice in smoothies, make a quick sauce, a dressing, puree, soup, or a batter. Also, check the Viatmix web site for a refurbished model. It is sold at a significant discount and the refurbished Model 5200 has the same 7 year warranty as the new Model. How can you go wrong?