A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Bake

9338590b 1446 4e47 8cf8 c0c5f6d6f5c3  2015 1103 sweet potato bake linda xiao 0296

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato Bake" from Ali Slagle. How is this recipe labeled vegan when it uses butter? Are you meant to assume substituting margerine?

asked by tschulkin 16 days ago

What I've run across in other recipe collections is groups of recipes declared vegan, kosher etc. that are evidently culled by inexact algorithms from the general collection; I would assume that happened here- if the author declare in the body of the recipe that it's vegan they probably know, but general searches often need further filtering by the user.

PS This recipe is depending heavily on the butter flavor, I don't think it could be successfully subbed out.

Alyssa

I bet it would taste just fine with olive oil or coconut oil.

It might, but it would be a vastly different dish.