I have broccoli rabe. I have cannellini beans. What can I make that marries the two?

asked by Allie C about 8 years ago

thirschfeld

the above answer is dead on, I sometimes add one or two anchovies as well

I am so totally down with both of these answers! I would skip the tomatoes, but I do like the anchovy contribution. Just use good anchovies.

melissav

Definitely adding some anchovies next time. Thanks Thirschfeld.

Sherri

Just received a load of broccoli rabe from my CSA and not sure what to do with it. Many recipes don't sound that appealing, but the answers above seems delicious. Thanks.

cookbookchick

Beans and greens! In a little olive oil, saute lots of chopped garlic and some chopped bacon until bacon is half-cooked (not crisp). I use pepper bacon -- with plain bacon, add pepper. (You could use pancetta or prosciutto instead of bacon.) Add to the pan chopped, blanched broccoli rabe and/or escarole, along with a can or two of cannellini beans and some salt. Cook for another 10 minutes or so until the ingredients come together nicely. Good as a side if you can bear to share it!