🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Steamed Halibut with Fried Ginger

65d40ece bc89 406d a0c7 7ee5be7668e1  dsc 0081

I have a question about the recipe "Steamed Halibut with Fried Ginger" from mtlabor.
This plate that you speak of, just any plate? Why not put the fish straight on the bamboo or on a leafy green? I would love to make this tonight- Thanks!

asked by Augusta over 6 years ago

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

While I haven't tried this recipe, I frequently make other steamed fish recipes. I put my fish in a small pie plate because it is easier to remove from the steamer. The plate also keeps the sauce or marinade together with the fish & the juice the fish releases. If you put the fish right on the steamer you'll loose out on the great sauce you create since it will drip back into the pan. Give it a try, it looks like a great recipe!