Where do you source the pitted oilcured black olives? I do not want to use Kalmatas.

• Posted by: Ursula
  • January 8, 2019
Black Olive Butter
Recipe question for: Black Olive Butter

Ttrockwood January 13, 2019
I find them at whole foods, either at the olive bar or in a jar on the shelf with other olives.
I would swap in any small dark intense olive instead.
Or you can order these online
https://yummybazaar.com/products/black-olives-with-provence-herbs-by-barral-7-5-oz?variant=20969926790&gclid=CjwKCAiA4OvhBRAjEiwAU2FoJX6TCc4s98DWKClVAmRZDo-02-oMxIg82X5zGRW0CLg6-VzBviHSdhoCAmIQAvD_BwE

The roland olive paste mentioned is not what you want.
Another option is get the refrigerated olive tapenade at trader joe’s and drain it to use, it’s made from an intense mix of olives and will work well for this recipe

Ursula January 11, 2019
Berry Baby- Yes i did, they don’t carry oil cured olives. Thank you for the suggestion!

Victoria January 9, 2019
You should try Amazon again, I searched oil cured black olives and a huge selection popped up.

Ursula January 11, 2019
Thank you Victoria, I checked Amazon and found Roland Brand black olive paste that seems like it would be perfect since already pitted other than it doesn’t indicate that the olives were oil cured. I’m afraid this product maybe more like “ripe” black olives without the intense flavor that this recipe seems to rely on. The other product I located was also offered by Roland. It said “oil cured pitted olives” they were black and came in a 5 lb. bag. Which product do you think would make the better ingredient for this recipe?
Thank you for your responses!

Victoria January 11, 2019
If you search oil cured black olives, you will see more choices. I don't have an opinion which you should use. I would think you could find them at World Market or some other local store. My local Safeway has an olive bar in the deli, I don't know what types they have.

Ursula January 8, 2019
Thank you for the speedy reply. I’ve checked everywhere here in Seattle. Even the Paris/Madrid grocer! Even Amazon.com -no luck!

BerryBaby January 11, 2019
Did you try Trader Joe's?

Victoria January 11, 2019
Here's the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=oil-cured+black+olives

Emma L. January 8, 2019
Hi! I've found them in a couple places: In a jar, near other jarred olives in the supermarket. In a bulk antipasto section in a supermarket like Whole Foods, near the cheese.