IS THIS LEMON TART SAFE TO EAT?!?!

So about 5 days ago I made a lemon tart. I recently had a slice, forgetting about how long I had left it out on my kitchen counter. I’m deathly afraid of throwing up and food poisoning, so now im in a panic wondering if I’ll get sick from eating it. Someone help! Here’s the recipe I followed: https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/shortbread-lemon-tart-recipe/

  • Posted by: Emily
  • June 10, 2019
  • 720 views
  • 3 Comments

3 Comments

Cody K. June 10, 2019
Power onwards and finish eating the tart, IMO.
 
Lori T. June 10, 2019
There's no point getting yourself all upset and anticipating trouble. You've already eaten the piece of tart, and so far evidently you are doing just fine. Toss the rest of the tart- just in case. Fortunately the stomach is pretty adept at killing off a good many of the bacteria we ingest, so have a little faith in your body. If you get sick, at least you will know the source of the trouble. If you don't, you can be glad for the near miss and be more cautious in future.
 
Smaug June 10, 2019
If it's causing that much anxiety it's not worth keeping. There will be other lemon tarts.
 
Recommended by Food52