What are the chances of getting sick from blender made hollandaise?

It's not exactly like we are properly cooking the egg yolks, and I don't believe that a little warm melted butter is going to get rid of all of the nasty stuff in uncooked eggs. What are the chances of a person getting sick?

BakerRB June 21, 2019
You can purchase pasteurized whole eggs in a standard carton at many US grocery stores. Davidson's/Safest Choice is the brand I've seen. They're pretty clearly labelled as pasteurized. Unless an eater has a weakened immune system, though, odds are really, really, really slim there will be any medical problems from home-use eggs that haven't been pasteurized and have been stored properly. Despite knowing that, though, when I use less than fully cooked eggs for a crowd I find the Davidson's.

Ryan C. June 20, 2019
If you purchase eggs from a supermarket in the US, then those eggs are pasteurized. As long as you're not using eggs from a farmers market or directly from a dairy farm, then you're dealing with eggs that have already been treated to kill bacteria.

Gammy June 21, 2019
Ryan, only eggs labeled "pasteurized" in a grocery store are pasteurized. All others have gone through a cleaning and disinfecting process before being boxed up, but are still considered raw, not pasteurized. Pasteurizing eggs in their shells is achieved through a technique that uses precise time and temperature zones within heated water baths.

Ryan C. June 21, 2019
Thanks for the tip. I must be thinking of "egg products" which are required to be pasteurized by the USDA

Gammy June 20, 2019
Unless you have a compromised immune system or other serious health issues, You should be fine. If in doubt check with your physician.

ktr June 20, 2019
If your eggs are fresh and from a clean farm there is little risk.