A question about a recipe: Bisi bela

B17e8ad0 3183 443f a29e 6172ebeb3cdf  apr 14 bisibele with maratta moggu

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Bisi bela " from Panfusine. It says:

"Heat the ghee in a large dutch oven pan, add the mustard, cloves & cinnamon, when the mustard seeds sputter, add the Curry leaves & give a stir."

Can dried curry leaves be substituted for fresh?

asked by Jennifer Ann over 7 years ago

Yes they can be substituted. Dried curry leaves have a more subtle flavor. Now I am inspired to try Panfusine's recipe!

Panfusine

Absolutely.. I do that all the time. The key flavors in this dish are from the cinnamon & cloves & the curry leaves are part of the supporting flavors...