this part is not very clear , what amount of apples do you put on top of cooked apples ? and how many in ingredients you are cooking ?

4ab7f84c cc0d 11e5 ae28 3c15c2d2bb38  49 full

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Upside Down Apple Tart" from Ruth'sgirl. It says:

"PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in 10" ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add dry gelatin mix and cinnamon. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Arrange apples,, cut-sides down, in circular pattern on bottom of skillet. Top with remaining apples."

asked by [email protected] over 7 years ago

Kmack

I think it means that once you've filled the first layer of your skillet with neatly arranged slices (it's really a step more for aesthetics), you can use less care with the rest and just pour them on top before cooking. After the next step (cooking apples stovetop for 20 minutes), all of the apples will be ready for the oven.