🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Feta Frozen Yogurt with Blood Orange and Mint Granita!

Cb369c69 de88 4234 a5b6 68f0a1632aa1  030910f 681

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Feta Frozen Yogurt with Blood Orange and Mint Granita!" from Helenthenanny. It says:

"Cut the blood oranges in half, run a knife around the inside rim, and gut them with a spoon. Put the guts into a bowl. Don't worry if a bit of rind goes in, we just want as much pulp and juice as possible. " ... Should I concern myself with the casing around the juicy bits of fruit or does that go in as well...

asked by chasey over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

If you mean the membrane, that goes in too!

034d9704 5f13 4ba1 bb5d d3f2764d0878  ha 0010

Yes, Merrill is right. I chose to "gut" the oranges in this manner in order to get as much of the juice in the bowl as possible. The blood orange and mint go through a strainer, so you don't have to worry about the membrane, but I would avoid as much of the pith as possible so that bitterness does not get imparted into the dish. Thank you for your interest and I hope you enjoy!

035a52fc e796 44bc bbe0 fcc2808e063d  open uri20150319 15338 1uqsaq2

Thanks so much!