I'd love some new ideas for how to use my panini press other than making sandwiches. Do people grill veggies? What else works?

asked by @barbaraca over 7 years ago

mboerner

The panini press is great for making crisp bacon or pancetta; also, great for making hamburgers.

Burnt Offerings

Quesadillas!! Fold your tortilla in half and place it in the press with the open side facing the hinge. Grills both sides at once - quesadilla perfection. I had a chili and quesadilla party and put out bowls of ingredients to top chili and make quesadillas. Everyone had a blast.

FoodieFlirt

i sometimes grill thin slices of eggplant and zucchini on the press - typically for use in my panini. the other day i dipped a sandwich in an egg wash and pressed it - sort of monte cristo style - it turned out great and then cooked the left over scrambled egg on the grill. such an easy clean-up too!

Helen's All Night Diner

Spatchcock some cornish hens!

innoabrd

I just bought a new and (vastly) improved one after my old one shorted out. It's great and I did steaks on it the other night! I also roasted some red peppers (the long italian ones) in it with pretty good results. Grilled Haloumi is a big deal here and I usually grill mine in my press as well (once a year I do a huge number of grilled haloumi sandwiches for the teachers at school).

Mine has grooves, not flat plates and gets hot enough to do great looking grill marks on steaks and bread.

Thanks for the question, barbaraca! A whole new world of cooking just opened up.

innoabrd

I have to admit that I was wondering earlier this week if this could be a weekly contest--your best non-sandwich sandwich press recipe--but wasn't sure how many folks in the US have one...

ATG117

I've used mine for french toast.