🔕 🔔

If a recipe calls simply for "bread crumbs" what is the best way to make them yourself? Thank you. ;o)

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

If the recipe calls for fresh breadcrumbs, grate slices of bread on a box grater. If it calls for dry breadcrumbs, tear stale bread into chunks and then grind it in a food processor.

52919c1f 1fb2 43c9 b265 e1067db2dc92  images

Bc343245 99fb 4d2b 8579 9bf9c485181e  me

I also remove the crusts and dry the bread out in the oven before grating or grinding. Otherwise I've sometimes had a problem with stickiness of the crumbs.