What is a Good Sub for 8” Springform Pan?

What are some alternatives to using the stated 8” springform pan? I’m usually pretty good at spatial relations, but with one overhead shot of the finished cheesecake it’s difficult to tell how tall/deep it is. If I’m not interested in popping it out to display, would a 9” tart pan work? Or 9” pie pan? Or not deep enough?

Barry
  • Posted by: Barry
  • March 6, 2020
No-Bake Lime Cheesecake
Recipe question for: No-Bake Lime Cheesecake

Nancy March 7, 2020
Barry - another idea. If you're not interested in popping it out, and have a nice ceramic dish of similar volume, bake and then serve from that.

Nancy March 8, 2020
Correction. Don't bake. Prepare and serve.

Eric K. March 7, 2020
Hi Barry! Do you have an 8-inch (or even 9-inch) cake pan? That’d be the best sub here. If you’re choosing between the tart pan or pie plate, I’d use whichever is taller so there’s room for the filling. Hope that helps!

Barry March 7, 2020
Hi Erik. Thanks. One last question. How much salt in the crust? Salt is not in the ingredients list but is mentioned in the instructions. I’ll report back on the finished cheesecake! :)

Eric K. March 7, 2020
Just a pinch!