A question about a recipe: Tangerine and Almond Shortbread Tart

F21fc195 5e51 447f bdbb 5cc45001b2e2  031511f 953

If the sugar is to be either pulsed or melted, does it need to be superfine sugar?

asked by momcooks over 7 years ago

This is a good resource that might help: http://www.slashfood.com...

You can sub regular sugar in the portion you are cooking - just make sure it all dissolves. I wouldn't sub it for the powdered sugar in the crust.

lorigoldsby

I use superfine sugar out of habit when making caramel or candies...that is why I called for it...it melts so much easier without having to worry about a grainy texture.