🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Tangerine and Almond Shortbread Tart

F21fc195 5e51 447f bdbb 5cc45001b2e2  031511f 953

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Tangerine and Almond Shortbread Tart" from lorigoldsby. It says:

"Line the bottom of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable base with buttered parchment paper"
Where am I putting the buttered parchment? Am I blind baking this first? Am I putting the filling onto the parchment? I bake a lot, and keep rereading this recipe and I can't figure it out. No one else has asked this ?, maybe I am goofy!

asked by Cookie100 over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Here's the slideshow of Amanda & Merrill making the tart, which might help: http://bit.ly/eBhdXw In the 10th slide, you can see the buttered parchment round in the bottom of the pan (they cut it too small by accident, but it worked out okay). No blind baking required!

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Sorry for the confusion...I usually bake cheesecakes and I line my pans so that I can easily transport them....when I first created this I was worried about the caramel, so I thought the parchment would make everything easier.... if you have a removable bottom tart/quiche pan, you can omit this.the shortened crust allows for easy removal. I've actually made this tart more times since the contest than I had before I submitted it!!

Thank you.