Rice Paper Sheets?

lovesitc's question about alternate uses for spring roll or wonton wraps, got me thinking about the Vietnamese rice paper wraps you use for Vietnamese spring rolls. Other than cutting them into noodles for soup, can you use them in other ways?

asked by Burnt Offerings over 7 years ago

Panfusine

I've broken them into bits & microwaved them to get lovely crunchy rice crisps. or even better, deep fry them...

I second the frying them. They puff up very nicely.

Maybe a use them as a crunchy topping for an Asian lettuce cup. Stir fry with diced chicken, mushrooms, onion, etc. With hosin sauce. Lettuce cups and fried rice paper strips as a topping.

innoabrd

Ahh, bliss...is there anything in the world that can't be successfully deep-fried?