🔕 🔔

How do I tame the spice in my chipotle and pineapple braised pork shoulder? I excitedly put waaaay too much chipotle in - still simmering!

asked by Canadian Carly over 6 years ago

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

I'm not sure if this works or if I just **think** it works but I've tamed chili before by simmering a cut-up potato in the pot for a while. I've done it until the potato was nearly cooked through. Might be all in my head, but I thought it worked (and my mom used to do it).

Serve with lots of sour cream and avocado. I don't believe you can 'remove' heat, you can only attempt to dilute it by adding more of the sauce ingredients, or making it into a stew with beans or potatoes, a bottle of beer, more pineapple and whatever else goes, maybe tomato. If the shoulder is whole, you can remove it from the sauce, make a fresh batch of sauce without chiles and just add some of the original sauce to taste. The heat shouldn't have penetrated too far into the interior. Good Luck.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

MTMitchell's idea is a great one that I have used myself. You may want to try sweet potato in this case. It might actually be a nice addition to the dish...