How can I doctor up a 6 pound can of nacho cheese to make it taste a little better and more presentable? Desperate in the kitchen

I have 26 pound cans of nacho cheese that need made over. I’m hosting a nacho bar for an event and was an able to find white queso. I’ll need help on how to adjust the cheese To make it more presentable and tastier. Please help

Lori
  • Posted by: Lori
  • May 11, 2021

Gammy May 11, 2021
What about adding a can or two (or three) of mild green or Hatch chiles to the cheese?

Nancy May 11, 2021
Wow, what a large amount!
As the cheese sauce is a kind of universal element most people will add to their nachos, I would not change it a lot.
For visual appeal, maybe have several stations with the cheese in fondue pots or other attractive ceramic pots over heating elements.
Possibly garnish simply with chopped cilantro, grape or cherry tomatoes, or dust with cayenne or ancho dried pepper.
For taste, maybe boost with the white queso or some cheddar.
Also, there are many ideas online of what to include in a nachos bar...cooked beans and/or meat, raw veg, salsas, chilies.
Beers with lime wedges. Tequila, plain or mixed.
Good luck and I hope it's all lovely and tasty!

Nancy May 12, 2021
Included the other well known elements of a nacho bar for the visual contrast they give the cheese sauce without altering the sauce itself.