What are your favorite beach-friendly snacks?

Juicy watermelon slices? Carefully composed sandwiches? We'd love to know what you're bringing to the beach this summer (sans melting and messiness, of course!).

Food52-Community

Jennifer W. June 10, 2021
A salty bagged snack (white cheddar popcorn/cheddar pretzels/corn chips), precut fruit, wraps (chicken salad), baby carrots and hummus, and usually homemade cookies- something plain that wont melt like lime coconut sugar or oatmeal!

Food52-Community June 10, 2021
All super beach friendly!

HalfPint June 7, 2021
Spam musubi was invented for the beach. It is also very easy to make.

Food52-Community June 10, 2021
Thanks so much, HalfPint! Quick to put together is always helpful on beach days.

Jessica M. June 3, 2021
Ok.. mine might be a teesey bit messy. My husband is OBSESSED with tacos and I am a total miser. So I love make ahead tofu tacos. A small bento box (or two) of fixin's and a silicone bag with the taco flavored tofu. Tofu will keep and be less suspect after long periods of being out of the fridge than meat. We have a plug in armrest heater/cooler and we use it to heat up the taco tofu, toss it into some premade taco shells, top with the obligatory lettuce, tomato, cheese and a squirt of sour cream from the cooler and we're good to go. My son is a toddler and my twin step daughters eat like birds, so it's been a learning curve to feed them without a LOT of waste. Beyond that, I also have a car-charger powered freezer (I am a former truck driver so we have these things lying around) and I keep frozen fresh pineapple that's been cored and cut lengthwise into sticks. Lastly, AGUA FRESCAS.. so, so, so easy and honestly, this is what the kids will drink 100% of every time. It's so simple and you can make it out of just about ANY fruit.. Put that in a large Gatorade dispenser or thermos with ice and bye- bye store bought soda and other sugar bombs. lol

Food52-Community June 3, 2021
Yes please to tacos on the beach. Thanks so much for sharing these ideas, Jessica!

Emma L. June 3, 2021
Tomato sandwiches! And my mom's family-famous "Beach Mix" (like trail mix but for...the beach).

Food52-Community June 3, 2021
Love your mom's thinking, Emma! And of course we'll never say no to a tomato sandwich :).